Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back on track!

Started the UC Doc Daniels chapter AND the Panfield chapter.

Panfield was a favorite of Dr. Cowan's because of his correctness and beauty. Panfield added a real one-two punch to the Morgan breeding program at UConn: He was a wonderfully prodigious broodmare sire and his brilliance can still be seen in his modern-day descendants.

Oh, and he was GORGEOUS. Picture a sturdy, muscular Morgan stallion all dressed up in a gleaming gold coat topped off with an illustrious blond mane and tail....

....a stallion to make your heart skip a beat. A stallion of fantasy.

But, he was real. He lived.

That, my friends, was the mighty Panfield....


Here's a golden Morgan stallion named Crispin enjoying a sunny day: (I LOVE youtube! Wonder if this guy has any Panfield in his pedigree)

2 comments:

  1. I saw someone mention your book on Facebook so had to come by and take a look. I rode at UConn from 1999-2003 and I miss all of these crazy ponies! These horses taught me how to ride and they are such fantastic horses. I still compare every horse I ride now to each and every one of them. I have a bunch of pictures somewhere I can send you the link if you want. Send me an email at jlovely (at) gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    Thanks so much for your comment! I will e-mail you--I would love a link to your pictures.
    Thanks again, and have a great day,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete