Sunday, February 27, 2011

...a speed bump of sorts...

Last week, I wrote nothing.

The week of distraction was topped off with a lovely, paint-creased dent and damaged rear bumper on my little jellybean-sized car. Yup, someone oh-so kindly slammed into my car in the parking lot and didn't tuck a note under my windshield wiper. Niiiiiice. Thanks a lot!

I pitifully scooped up the shards of plastic from my cracked bumper and called my insurance company. They were so nice and said they were sorry that some heavy-footed jerk ended their parking lot joy ride with a "whoopsie" on my poor car.

(I knew something was off when I saw my car positioned *diagonally* in its parking space.)

But now, it's a new week and I am cracking the whip on myself. It all starts with this modest (and somewhat whiny) blog post.

A new chapter on the bay stallion, UC Doc Daniels, awaits me. I can't wait to paint him, too. He is absolutely gorgeous.

Until my next update, here's a nice little video of some UConn Morgans in a homecoming parade:

2 comments:

  1. Been reading through your archives. I was one of the ones carrying the banner (the one further away from the camera) in this little bit of footage. :)

    I sure do miss my UConn ponies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz! That's great, thanks for writing. Those UConn ponies sure are special!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete