Thursday, February 17, 2011

thoughts on illustrations....

....well, one thought, really: I need to start drawing!

I decided yesterday that I need to draw UC Ringmaster as a foal. I can't locate any photos of the Champ as a kid, so I think I will imagine what he must have looked like and go from there. The Assistant Barn Manager at the time, Bruce Walters, called him "the most beautiful foal he had ever seen."

See? It has to be done!

Also, I talked with a woman last night who saw UC Doc Daniels being born. She saw the future UConn herd stallion stand up and take his first wobbly steps! How cool is THAT?

The book continues to connect me with some really great people. Thank you all for your time and willingness to share your horse stories with me.

My interview notebook is getting full!

No comments:

Post a Comment