Saturday, February 12, 2011

UC Toronado

I found him!

The magnificent, noble, fiery black stallion, UC Toronado, sired many beautiful get during his time at UConn. He possessed an other-worldly beauty: Wavy black mane, a forelock that swept his muzzle, large expressive eyes, muscle-creased neck---what a sight he was. I loved to visit him when he lived at UConn.

I clearly remember the awe I felt when I was in his majestic presence. He was a horse that could take your breath away.

His owner contacted me and now I can add Toronado to my growing list of UConn Morgans I am visiting when this snow melts.

Now gelded, he goes by the name "Gideon." And yes, he is a lucky girl's Dream Horse.

All horses deserve, at least once in their lives, to be loved by a little girl.
~Author Unknown

In honor of UC Toronado, "Gideon"--a tribute to the Black Stallion:

No comments:

Post a Comment