Sunday, June 26, 2011

little horse, big heart

Finished the Ledgemere Bounty chapter. Many thanks to Bob and Patti Brooks for sharing their memories with me.

His was a fun chapter to write! Patti shared a humorous "at home" story of Bounty that is just fantastic. I really want my readers to know the essence of these great horses. They are so much more than just a name and a color-- they are souls.

Love it!

This is somewhat of a short blog entry because I've been writing the book all weekend and I think I have callouses on my fingers. My keyboard has been clicking away....

Okay, time for some stretches and a snuggle with the kitties. It's too early for bed...but I am so tired..YAAAAWN.

Next, I will learn all about the mares UC Taffy and Salem Sentana. Can't wait!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful book journey with me.

Until next time, I will leave you with this:

Ah, steeds, steeds, what steeds! Has the whirlwind a home in your manes? Is there a sensitive ear, alert as a flame, in your every fiber? Hearing the familiar song from above, all in one accord you strain your bronze chests and, hooves barely touching the ground, turn into straight lines cleaving the air, and all inspired by God it rushes on! ~Nikolai V. Gogol, Dead Souls, 1842, translated from Russian (above is combination of translations by Bernard Guildert Guerney, Richard Peaver, and Larisa Voloklonsky)

No comments:

Post a Comment