Monday, November 12, 2012

Hello laptop, my old friend.....

....I've come to work on this book again....

FINAL changes!

Let me repeat that:

FINAL CHANGES!


*grin*

I love my editor. Not only does she use a purple pen, but she says stuff like, "Like your book? I don't like it. I LOVE IT!"

Heeeee!

The stories of the University of Connecticut horses will be in PRINT before long. I can't wait to share this book with all of you!

So what's left?

1. Final tweaks to the manuscript *cracks whip*
2. Design and layout of text, front and back covers, spine, etc (I will let my designer worry about that stuff, that's why he gets the BIG money, haha).
3. Final permissions for use of archival material
4. Endnotes and index (Gaaaaaaahhhhh...Okay, my editor said she will help and that it's NO BIG DEAL. Goodness, she's the best).
5. Convert the whole thing to a PDF (again, letting my overpaid designer worry about that). (In case you haven't noticed, that's sarcasm). *smiley face*
6. SEND IT TO THE PUBLISHER!
7. Ice cream.


Thank you for coming along for the ride! This is FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment