Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Riding a beloved UConn legend....

Here I am with UC Ovation, aka "Mama O."



I had the distinct honor of riding her this past June.

She is a lovely, patient mare, and she gave me wonderful ride. She is in her 20s now, and some gray has sprouted on her beautiful face, proudly displaying her nobility and wisdom.

She is absolutely gorgeous.

I must admit I had a few shivers of awe when I swung a leg over and landed on her back. I thought of all the students she taught, all the hearts she touched. This mare was loved by so many.

Wow. How lucky am I? (And, I get to ride her again!)

Thank you, UC Ovation.

2 comments:

  1. I love that mare with all my heart. She taught me how to jump, and I knew she was going to take care of me no matter how horribly I was riding her. So glad to see she's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi – Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Morgan Horse Community? Our members will love it.
    Members include: Owners, Breeders and Lovers
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos and Classifieds if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Morgan Horse Community: http://www.vorts.com/morgan_horses/
    Thanks,
    James Kaufman, Editor

    ReplyDelete