Saturday, July 14, 2012

Getting on with it....

Hello dear weekend--let's go to work!
I get a lot done in the morning-- that seems to be when my creative mojo is in high gear. By afternoon, I can be like a piece of toast that is slightly charred. Dry, crumbly and happy to have lots of butter. But, I digress. But, not really--I love butter. Julia Child was right about the stuff.

Speaking of butter, I bought a big, succulent artichoke yesterday. You're hearing me!

Now that all of this talk of butter is out of the way, how about a book update? Well, okay then!

I added a new chapter on the current junior stallions UC Domination, UC Doc Sanchez and UC Mastermind.

I added a wonderful memory to the Mentor chapter.

I gave my editor the UC Taffy chapter, as I forgot to give it to her for the first go-around.

I finished, maybe, the illustrations. One of them is pictured above--that's the gorgeous UC Lyric. I say maybe because I am always drawing and I may have more. My husband commented that he really liked the quick, loose and expressive quality of the drawings and that perhaps I should just let them be. I agree, and I think the drawings show how much fun I had capturing these incredible horses on paper. So, I decided to keep the illustrations in pencil.

I scanned all the archives from UConn's Animal Science Department. Thanks to Jennifer Simionello for hooking me up with some wonderful history!

Then, I have to tackle the index and the sources page. This may take a little while...

We're still on track! I hope all of you can have the book in your hands by fall or early winter.

Thanks again for all of your support. This is a lot of work, but it never stops being fun and exciting.

Hope you are enjoying your summer.

Helen
 


No comments:

Post a Comment