Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hope


Finished the UC Hope and Courage chapter this weekend. Many thanks go out, yet again, to the fabulous Meg Brauch for her memories and input.

Horses have enriched my life so much. They helped the shy, insecure kid come out of her little shell and enjoy life. On the back of a horse, no one told me I was doing it wrong. It was just me and my horse and the sound of metal horseshoes hitting the arena sand.

On a trail ride, it was all about the wide open sky and the wind and the trees. My view from the saddle was a full harvest moon reflected on the marsh.

My horse always took me home.

Take the Big Leap--the one that thrills you and terrifies you at the same time. I will take care of you. I know the way home. ~The Horse (Helen Scanlon, 2011)
above image is me and Jamie enjoying a nice ride. Photo by Lindsay Murphy, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment