Monday, April 25, 2011

Research trips!


On the "must do" list:

Go to Vermont and dig through the archives at the National Museum of the Morgan Horse. (Sigh. It's a hard job, but somebody's gotta do it....)

Vermont is a lovely state full of Morgan horses and Morgan horse lovers--can't wait!

My copy of The Morgan Horse by Jeanne Mellin arrived this weekend, and wow--what a fantastic book. I wish this book was still in print and widely available--Jeanne Mellin did some exhaustive research on the history of the Morgan breed and presented it with some amazing photos and her wonderful artwork.

Oh, and be still my heart--there is a photo of the mighty stallion, Mentor, standing in a field with the old UConn horse barn in the background. Lovely piece of UConn history, there.


today's image is a freehand sketch of a Morgan stallion. I did this drawing last week when I wrote more in the UC Doc Daniels chapter--he inspired me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment